Monday, October 1, 2007

Mission Accomplished


Finally, the movie I was waiting for almost 6 months now released over the weekend. I guess you all know what I am talking about. Yes, that is Chirutha. Well, my title for this post tells you what’s the result of Chirutha is.

I wont dwell too much on the story because…….WHO CARES for a story in a movie like this. AGREED. Ram Charan does not score too well on the looks front BUT he has amazing screen presence. He almost excelled in all the categories considering this is his FIRST FILM. I would rather say, during my short stint of life so far, he made a perfect debut any hero would dream of in TFI.

Ram Charan has the PLEASURE of instant fan following, BUT on the other hand he has immense PRESSURE of being the ONLY SON of a MEGASTAR. With this movie, I guess he lived up to the expectations. A little bit of rawness seen here and there would be polished with time.

I cannot stop myself from writing the following. I have heard so many comments saying that CHIRUTHA is a total trash movie and there is nothing in it except for songs and fights. Well, THAT IS TRUE. But to all my friends out there, I would like to make a point here.

Each and every movie has a label attached to it, i.e., a purpose of making that movie. For example, Pokiri was made to entertain the crowds not to bring realism. Can anyone show me a person who behaves like POKIRI? It’s a fictional character and the movie was made to entertain the crowds using that character.

Then, Bommarillu. This movie was made dealing with a common problem seen in every other house. You can not bring any fiction into a story like this. Sri Ramadasu and Annamayya were made with real characters. You cannot expect mass songs and fights in these. Can you?

Well, if you cannot read that LABEL attached to that movie, then please do yourself a FAVOUR. DO NOT WATCH THAT MOVIE ON THE FIRST DAY / WEEKEND. Wait for the feedback or TAKE YOUR TIME TO READ THE LABEL.

I cannot help myself from laughing out my heart if you mention to me that the MOVIE WAS AWFUL. Hmmmm, what can I say? Did you go to a Megastar’s ONLY SON debut movie on the first day / weekend expecting a NEW STORY and VARIETY TREATMENT which by the way can go either way with the crowds. Do you think any father who is trying to launch his son with his brain at the right place would do that?

Chirutha was made to launch a hero from the FIRST FAMILY of TELUGU FILM INDUSTRY. And as per TFI constitutional rules, A HERO IS A PERSON WHO CAN DO THESE AMAZING THINGS WHICH A NORMAL PERSON WOULD ASPIRE TO DO IN THEIR DREAMS. Going by this Ram Charan has done full justice to what was expected of him and lived up to the expectations. It is a very rare scenario where a debut hero had carried the entire film on his shoulders.

Go, Watch it if you want to see some good dances, fights and if you are eager to see how Megastar’s son performed on his debut. If not, please help yourself.

1 comment:

Sravan Reddy said...

some furious comments....